Share this on Facebook
download .zip with all pictures
A club in my city caught fire one night about 15 years ago, luckily they were closed that night. Buddy was the dj there for one of their nights and was up there helping them salvage what they could of the sound and lights. He ended up bring a badly charred 1200 back to his place where we replaced the rca’sand and power cord, removed the start/stop button and swapped out platters and plugged it it to see what would happen. Damn thing started up just like nothing happen. The arm and plastic shit on it was melted so that entire thing had to be replaced but the motor and whatnot were just fine.
Its no wonder those things were industry standard. Shit I still have two at a buddies house that work after 14 years of torture.